accommod8 is a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), an approved UK Government Deposit Protection Scheme.
We are bound by the strict rules of the TDS in the way we protect, administer and return deposits.
- Secure the tenant's authority on a TDS Agreement.
- Provide tenants with a copy of the TDS Scheme Guide.
- Register deposits with the TDS within 28 days of receipt.
- Provide tenants with a Deposit Registration Certificate.
- Complete a Check-In with a detailed Inventory and Schedule of Condition of the property and take photographic evidence when tenants move in.
- Complete a Check-Out and update the Inventory and Schedule of Condition after tenants have vacated, noting any changes and take photographic evidence.
- Assess the costs of repairing any damage caused during the tenancy.
- Prepare a Deposit Statement with any items of damage, rent arrears or excessive energy use we propose to deduct from the deposit.
- Deduct the amount equally between all tenants if on a Joint Tenancy.
- Issue the Deposit Statement to tenants and seek agreement to return the balance of deposit held.
- On receipt of the agreement, pay the balance of deposit within 10 working days.
We are NOT allowed to:
- Withold any amount without the tenant's approval.
- Deduct any amount for damages or other costs without documented evidence.
- Keep your deposit without full explanation and evidence.