accommod8 is a member of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), an approved UK Government Deposit Protection Scheme.
We are bound by the strict rules of the TDS in the way we safeguard deposits.
- Secure the tenant's authority on a TDS Agreement.
- Provide tenants with a copy of the TDS Scheme Guide.
- Register deposits with the TDS within 28 days of receipt.
- Provide tenants with a Deposit Registration Certificate.
- Complete a Check-In with a detailed Inventory and Schedule of Condition of the property and take photographic evidence when tenants move in.
- Complete a Check-Out and update the Inventory and Schedule of Condition after tenants have vacated, noting any changes and take photographic evidence.
- Assess the costs of repairing any damage caused during the tenancy.
- Prepare a Deposit Statement with any items of damage, rent arrears or excessive energy use we propose to deduct from the deposit.
- Deduct the amount equally between all tenants if on a Joint Tenancy.
- Issue the Deposit Statement to tenants and seek agreement to return the balance of deposit held.
- On receipt of the agreement, pay the balance of deposit within 10 working days.
We are NOT allowed to:
- Withold any amount without the tenant's approval.
- Deduct any amount for damages or other costs without documented evidence.
- Keep your deposit and go on a luxury holiday!!