Our Tenant's Charter outlines how we will manage your enquiry, the tenancy and your property.
Before renting a property accommod8 will:
- Provide accurate information concerning the property.
- Ensure telephone calls are answered at times stated in advertisements.
- Offer prospective tenants a viewing of the property.
- Issue clear written instructions on the payment of deposits and rent.
- Issue tenancy agreements that are written in clear English that do not contain clauses that conflict with the tenant's legal rights.
- Allow prospective tenants a minimum of 24 hours to consider the tenancy agreement before requesting a signature.
- Serve the relevant notices on any incumbent tenant to ensure vacant possession is secured for the incoming tenant.
- Clearly state who is responsible for the payment of utilities and service charges levied against the property.
During the tenancy accommod8 will:
- Ensure the property is in a good state of repair at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Ensure that the property is adequately furnished.
- Provide adequate space and equipment for the storage and preparation of food for the number of occupants.
- Provide an adequate number of baths, showers and WCs suitable for the number of occupants.
- Provide sufficient cleaning equipment to enable the effective cleaning of the property by the tenants.
- Carry out repairs in full compliance with the provisions of Section 11 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 and Sections 1 and 3 of the Defective Premises Act 1972.
- Carry out repairs within reasonable times following our standard procedure.
- Give tenants at least 24 hours notice if access is required to the property except at the tenants request and emergencies.
- Supply the tenants with guidance on the safe use of all cooking and heating appliances.
- Ensure that the property is secure enough to enable tenants to insure their personal belongings.
- Provide sufficient waste disposal containers for the number of occupants of the property.
- Carry out gas safety checks annually in full compliance with the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1994.
- Carry out an inspection of the electrical installation every 3 years by a registered NICEIC technician to comply with the Institute for Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations.
- Ensure that a competent person carries out all repairs.
- Ensure the exterior of the property is presentable so as not to detract from the look of the area.
At the end of the Tenancy accommod8 will:
- Provide the tenants with detailed information about the steps they need to take to avoid any part of their security deposit being retained.
- Inspect the property prior to vacation of the property if requested.
- Inspect the property once the property has been vacated.
- Return deposits, or part thereof, as prescribed by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme. Click here for more information.
- Give a written explanation to the tenants if any portion of the deposit is to be retained.