Fees applying to all new tenancies
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- A security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year
- A holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent
- Default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days)
- Reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs
- Payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant
- Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant
- Payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered into before 1/6/19.
Amendment to Tenancy - £50
An amendment to tenancy charge is payable if an additional or replacement tenant is added to the tenancy or if the tenant(s) requires any other amendments to the tenancy agreement.
Rent Arrears - Bank of England Interest Rate
If a tenant falls into arrears interest will be charged 3% above the Bank of England base rate.
Call-Outs - £50 per hour plus costs
A call-out charge will be applied where actions of the tenants result in a member of staff attending the property. For example, if a tenant locks themselves out of the property. Any materials or equipment required to remedy the problem will be charged in addition to the call-out charge.
Contractor/Supplier Administration – 30%
A contractor/supplier administration charge will be applied, in addition to the actual cost, if a contractor is instructed to repair damage or to replace items to remediate a breach of tenancy or works during or at the end of the tenancy to bring a property back to a reasonable condition.
Court Submissions - £100
A court submission charge will be applied to complete and provide a court submission documents to recover rent arrears and other debts. This will be charged in addition to the court fees specified by the HM Courts and Tribunals Service which can be found at www.gov.uk
Replacement Keys - £30 per key
In the event that a tenant loses a secure key(s) during their tenancy, they will be charged for a replacement. Non-standard security items like fobs will be charged at cost plus 30% administration charge.
Periodic Inspection Failure - £30
A periodic inspection failure charge will be applied if a property fails a periodic inspection and requires a re-inspection to ensure tenants have brought the property up to an acceptable standard.
All charges include VAT.