Lastest update - 22/6/20
We understand the universities in Liverpool are adopting a range of direct and online teaching for the 2020/21 academic year.
We believe our tenants want to move in and live in their rental properties with friends and make the best of their university experience, regardless of the revised teaching techniques.
Our plan is to prepare properties during the summer as usual for the arrival of new tenants and all tenancies commencing on 1/7/20 remain valid under Government regulations.
Safety and distancing measures in the agency:
- Hand sanitiser at the entrance for all visitors entering the agency.
- Queue barriers and screens at reception.
- Access limited to the reception area only.
- A maximum of 2 people in the agency at any time.
- Drop box in reception for keys being returned.
- Administrative tasks such as sign-ups will be conducted at safe distance or digitally.
- Repairs and maintenance, including statutory compliance testing, will be conducted following strict safety procedures and operatives will liaise with tenants to agree safe access and movement within properties.
- Viewings will be conducted giving 24 hours’ notice to current tenants along with the time of the viewing. Current tenants are advised to vacate the property during viewings.
- There will be a limit of 1 person at viewings plus a member of accommod8 staff. We will provide masks and hand sanitiser before viewings.
- Unless you are an international student with travel problems we are unable to collect, pack or store personal belongings – everything must be removed and keys returned by midday on 30/6/20.
- When moving out, be considerate to your housemates and ensure the property is left clean and clear of waste and unwanted personal effects.
- Be aware that if you intend to return your keys to the agency at the end of June you may have to queue to get into the agency.
- You can post your keys to accommod8 PO Box 25 Liverpool L69 1YL or through the shutter at the agency after 17.00.
- We are assessing how we could provide a rent rebate, after tenancies have ended, if there was a significant reduction in energy usage and the overall annual usage while properties were unoccupied during lockdown.
- If you are unwell in any way you should not travel, return to your property or visit the agency under any circumstances.
- We will commence turning properties around as soon as we get all keys returned, but it might take longer than usual this year.
- We expect to have all properties ready for new tenants by the start of term in September at the latest.
- Check-Ins this year will be limited to one person present, ideally the lead tenant, or their nominee. All tenants will have access to an online Check-In information video.
- For updated information about our free insurance cover from Endsleigh Insurance click here.
Please continue to follow advice and guidance from official sources, particularly about students living safely in shared accommodation.
We will continue to update this statement as the situation evolves.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.