Lastest update - 26/5/20
We are aware some universities are planning to deliver lectures online during the next academic year, with smaller face-to-face tutor groups.
We believe our tenants want to move in and live in their rental properties with friends and make the best of their university experience, regardless of the revised teaching techniques.
Consequently, we intend to continue to prepare properties during the summer for the arrival of new tenants and all tenancies from 1/7/20 remain valid under Government regulations.
Following the easing of travel restrictions on renters announced by the UK Government on 13/5/20, you are now allowed to return to your rental properties. View the full guidance here
Our agency is now open Monday to Friday 09.00 to 17.00 to allow us to better support our current tenants vacating their properties and those with tenancies commencing on 1/7/20.
To ensure the safety of our employees, tenants and contractors, we will be maintaining the following distancing and safety measures in the agency:
- Hand sanitiser at the entrance for all visitors entering the agency.
- Queue barrier and screens at reception.
- Access limited to the reception area only.
- A maximum of 2 people in the agency at any time.
- Drop box in reception for keys being returned.
- Administrative tasks such as sign-ups will be conducted at safe distance or digitally.
Other changes in our practices to maintain safety and important things to consider:
- Repairs and maintenance, including statutory compliance testing, will be conducted following strict safety procedures and operatives will liaise with tenants to agree safe access and movement within properties.
- Viewings will be conducted giving 24 hours’ notice to current tenants along with the time of the viewing. Current tenants are advised to vacate the property during viewings.
- There will be a limit of 1 person at viewings plus a member of accommod8 staff. We will provide masks and hand sanitiser before viewings.
- We are unable to extend current tenancies, collect, pack or store personal belongings – everything must be removed and keys returned by midday on 30/6/20.
- If you travel imminently to collect your belongings and return your keys, please be considerate to your housemates and ensure the property is left clean and clear of waste and unwanted personal effects.
- Be aware that if you intend to return your keys at the agency at the end of June you may have to queue to get into the agency.
- You can also post your keys to accommod8 PO Box 25 Liverpool L69 1YL or through the letter box at the agency after 17.00.
- If you are unwell in any way you should not travel, return to your property or visit the agency under any circumstances.
- We will commence turning properties around as soon as we get all keys returned, but it might take longer than usual this year.
- We expect to have all properties ready for new tenants by the start of term in September at the latest.
- For updated information about our free insurance cover from Endsleigh Insurance click here.
Please continue to follow advice and guidance from official sources, particularly about students living safely in shared accommodation.
We will continue to update this statement as the situation evolves.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time.