Lastest Update - 17/9/20
Like all student accommodation providers, accommod8 is adapting to the new challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
We understand all the universities in Liverpool are adopting a range of direct and online teaching for the 2020/21 academic year, requiring students to be in Liverpool during term time.
We believe our new tenants want to move in to and live in their rental properties to make the best of their university experience, regardless of the revised teaching techniques and current restrictions.
We are currently preparing properties for the arrival of new tenants and all existing tenancies remain valid under updated Government regulations.
Due to the extra safety measures we have put in place for our employees and contractors, it is taking longer to prepare properties and we appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. Our aim is to have all new groups checked in by the start of term.
If you have a specific issue with moving in or wish to be replaced on your tenancy for any reason, please email the agency immediately.
Safety and distancing measures introduced in the agency:
- Hand sanitiser at the entrance for all visitors entering the agency.
- Queue barriers and screens at reception.
- Access limited to the reception area only.
- A maximum of 2 people in the agency at any time.
- Administrative tasks such as sign-ups will be conducted at safe distance or digitally.
- Check-Ins this year will be limited to one person present, ideally the lead tenant, or their nominee. Tenants unable to attend can view our Check-In Information video here.
- After you have been Checked-In to your property, we request you do not hold parties or gatherings in contravention of the CV-19 Regulations. Anti-social behaviour will upset neighbours and result in complaints to us, the police, city council or other authority and it will not be tolerated.
- Repairs and maintenance, including statutory compliance testing, will be conducted following strict safety procedures and operatives will liaise with tenants to agree safe access and movement within properties.
- For 2021/22 rentals commencing 1/11/20, we will be encouraging current tenants to retain their properties or move to another accommod8 property to minimise movements and interactions. We will also be using virtual viewings using short videos, backed up with physical viewings where necessary.
- Viewings will be conducted giving 24 hours’ notice to current tenants along with the time of the viewing. There will be a limit of 1 person at viewings along with a member of staff. Current tenants are advised to vacate the property during viewings.
- We expect to have all properties ready for new tenants by the start of term at the end of September.
- For updated information about our free insurance cover from Endsleigh Insurance click here.
Please continue to follow advice and guidance from official sources, particularly about students living safely as 'households' in shared accommodation.
We will continue to update this statement as the situation evolves.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these unprecedented times.